Now that I’m back at university, I’m enjoying having a lot more time to cook and experiment with recipes. One of my favourite dinners that has become a staple over the past couple of weeks is Skinny chips and salad as it is so quick and easy to cook, as well as being super yummy!
I love the homemade chips from this meal as not only are they skinny in appearance but also in that they have way less fat that regular chips. As I’ve been eating this meal a lot recently, I decided to mix things up and add some carrot ‘chips’ into the mix… they were a little unusual but definitely a great addition to the meal.
I wanted to share this recipe with you all and hope you love it as much as I do!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 squeeze of lemon
Ground black pepper
Choice of salad (my favourites are onions, mushrooms, lettuce & beetroot)
Olive oil cooking spray (I use Fry light)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
- Peel the potatoes and carrot and then cut them into long thin slices
- Cover a baking tray in grease proof paper and place the sliced potatoes and carrots on it ensuring they don’t overlap so that they are all able to cook properly
- Cover with approximately 6 sprays of olive oil cooking spray, then sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on top
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and turn each chip over (this is the most tedious part of cooking this meal – sorry guys; the yumminess is so worth it though!)
- Put back into the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Whilst the chips are cooking, mash 1 avocado & squeeze a little lemon on top along with some group black pepper and paprika
- Remove the chips from the oven and serve with the mashed avocado and salad of your choice
- ENJOY! (Or if you’re anything like me, take a couple of pictures first ;))
If you do make this meal I’d love to hear from you/ see a picture so please do get in touch.
Have a lovely day,